Join our Summer program 2020
[Registration open until May 20th]
About the Program
The Marrakesh Organics Summer Program is a once a year farm immersion experience and intensive course designed to equip students with practical hands-on experience and tested knowledge pertaining to farm design & management and sustainable living.
From thought-provoking lectures, hard working days to cultural immersion trips, students will be offered the opportunity to broaden their perspective, develop hands-on skills and the practical knowledge necessary for good farm planing and management.
The core curriculum features sustainability science, ecosystem ecology, regenerative agriculture, Permaculture design, appropriate technology, Earth architecture among other themes. The program also features personal nutrition & wellbeing, Yoga & meditation all taught by a group of passionate and knowledgeable teachers. We hope to provide a space within which we design, live by and apply powerful solutions to tackle the challenges of our times.
The course program is being finalized, take a look at last year’s program here.
What will I get from this course?
The 13-day intensive course provides participants the opportunity to:
- Develop a well-rounded education in the areas of Permaculture design and holistic farm planning, Practical farm management skills, Organic market garden management,
- Train to observe nature and think in systems.
- Extra workshops in: Food preservation, cooking classes, Artisanal bread making, cheese making and much more.
- Night Activities: Documentary film projections, discussions and games, occasional night strolls in the old Medina of Marrakesh.
In addition to:
- Healthy organic meals from our garden courtesy of our local cooking team.
- An intellectually stimulating environment of fascinating lectures, hard facts and deep group conversations.
- An opportunity to know oneself, get out of the comfort zone, and change the world (really!)
The intended outcome is crafting more responsible and sensitive individuals, equipped with practical skills and solid well rounded knowledge to design intelligent and productive human settlements and the capability of starting and managing a farm enterprise.
Wellbeing & Inspiration
We work hard to create a vibrant and relaxing environment that brings out the best in people. That’s why we grow the healthiest, nutrient-dense foods, and include morning Yoga and meditation in our daily practice. One of the most amazing outcomes of working and living together in community is the spontaneous sprout of genuine human emotions, trust, support and heart conversations.
You will be hosted in a gorgeous organic farm and Permaculture center in the foothills of the Atlas mountains, 25 km south of Marrakesh and right on the way to historical and scenic destinations such as the Setti Fatma Waterfall, Lake Lalla Takerkoust, the Oukaimeden Ski Resort, the ancient Tinmel Berber village and the Toubkal National Park.
We are just half an hour away from Marrakesh, a magical place, brimming with markets, gardens, palaces, and mosques. The bustling city famous for its souks and square, has recently been named the world’s top destination in TripAdvisor’s annual Travelers’ Choice Awards.
About the Facilitators
Omar Hajji | Founder and Manager
Omar Hajji is a Regenerative design consultant and the Manager of Marrakesh Organics. He has an academic background in philosophy, sustainability and a special interest in ecovillages. At Marrakesh Organics, Omar aspires to weave together his inspirations and travels with a deep philosophy of life that seeks to heal the earth and the people; by growing nutrient-dense foods, organizing life-changing courses and bringing people together to dream of a future of abundance! He has traveled around the world learning about ecological restoration, design systems and intentional communities and was involved in numerous community empowerment programs notably in the US, Morocco, Senegal, Thailand, Kenya, Ghana, Tunisia and Ethiopia.
Oussama Moukmir| Earth Building Lead Facilitator and Researcher
Owner of the consulting firm Argilex, Oussama is an engineer expert in rammed earth construction. He teaches undergraduate and graduate courses at the National School of Architecture of Marrakech. He has led numerous workshops on rammed earth construction and was a speaker in the CRATerre Conference on numerous occasions. Ousama is involved in several no-for profit initiatives including the revival and rehabilitation of Marrakech ancient water system the
Lehcen Benzakik | Organic Farming Facilitator
- International Early bird Fee : €850 / $950 (Early bird before May 30th)
- International Standard Fee: €1050 / $1180
- Local Students Fee: 7000 DH
- Shared housing in double & triple rooms (Private rooms extra)
- 3 main meals (Organic), Coffee & Tea breaks
- Laundry service
Does not include
- Airport pick-up
- Health Insurance
- Personal travel
- Personal expenses
Limited space: 12 Participants
Registration: Future participants direct your enquiries via email at email@example.com for registration or if you have further questions or call us at (+212) 671 907 802.
- Willingness to ask questions whenever necessary
- Conduct yourself in a cooperative manner and show respect to others
- Conservative attire is recommended
- Sobriety at all times during the course
- No music played out loud
- No drugs or alcohol are permitted on premises
What should I bring?
- Notebook and pens for taking notes
- Work clothes, which will get dirty with mud
- Sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Sturdy working shoes
- Flashlight / headlamp
- Sandals and indoor footwear (no outside shoes inside)
- Own soap & shampoo
- Water bottle
- Favorite snacks
- Chocolate (We can never stress it enough!)
- Tent and comfortable camping gear (if you prefer camping)
- Books (if you want to donate to our library)
- Beginners Mind – Be open to learning from everyone present.
We recommend that all our international students have comprehensive travel insurance for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, baggage, money and liability before traveling.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: (+212) (0)6 71 90 78 02